Mercy's Play + Stay
New Client Application
All fields are required unless specifically marked *Optional
Online account access is available to book appointments as well as view and edit your profile information. This access is free for all pet owners.
Add Additional Pets
Dog Boarding andor Dog Daycare Agreement
THIS PET BOARDING AND/OR DOG DAY CARE AGREEMENT ("Agreement") is made and entered into as of the last date set forth below, by and between MERCY’S PLAY AND STAY, LLC, a Florida limited liability company (the “Company”) and the undersigned Pet Parent set forth below ("Pet Parent").
1. SERVICES; ENGAGEMENT. Company provides dog boarding, dog daycare and grooming services. Pet Parent hereby engages Company to provide the services for his or her pet(s) (as set forth on the information sheet provided by Pet Parent) on the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and in any supplemental pet information or reservation forms provided in connection with this Agreement by Company.
2. PET PARENT REPRESENTATIONS; DUTY TO DISCLOSE. Pet Parent represents and warrants to Company that:
a. Pet Parent is the rightful owner or caretaker of the pet, and his or her signature below is sufficient to enter into this Agreement for and on behalf of any other owner or representative of the pet, and Pet Parent is executing this Agreement for the pet, himself or herself and his or her heirs, successors, representatives or assigns;
b. The pet is current on all required vaccinations and such other vaccinations as is required by Company. Pet Parent agrees to provide documents confirming such vaccinations as requested by Company, and shall provide proof of vaccinations for rabies, Bordetella and parvo prior to any entry at the Company facilities or evaluation made by Company;
c. Unless otherwise disclosed to Company, the pet is housebroken and the pet is not prone to chewing, scratching, digging or other destructive behavior;
d. The pet is free of fleas, ticks, worms and other insects and parasites;
e. The pet has no current illness or injury, except as has been disclosed to Company;
f. The pet has not bitten, or exhibited other aggressive behavior, towards any person or animal, except as has been previously disclosed to Company; and
g. Pet Parent has disclosed and shall continue to disclose on an on-going basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including but not limited to personality concerns or behaviors that may affect, limit or prevent the pet’s ability to participate in play time or otherwise attend the Company’s facilities.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF RISK. Unless Pet Parent has otherwise instructed to the contrary, Pet Parent acknowledges and agrees that his or her pet may encounter and be permitted to interact and play with other dogs and with Company staff members. Pet Parent acknowledges that when dogs play in groups that nicks, bites or scratches may occur, and Company may or may not notify Pet Parent immediately if the pet sustains any nicks, bites or scratches. Pet Parent further acknowledges that animals are unpredictable and that there is a possibility of injury or death to the pet or to another animal or person. Therefore, as consideration of the services rendered by Company, Pet Parent (A) hereby waives and releases Company, and its invitees, sponsors, members, managers, advertisers, owners, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, invitees, agents, lessors, and any parties owning, controlling or having any interest in the property where the Company facility is located, and all other representatives or agents of Company (collectively, “Company Parties”) from any and all claims, actions, damages or liability for injury, sickness or illness suffered by his or her pet while in the care of Company or otherwise relating to the care, control, health and/or safety of the pet arising from pick up, transport, drop off and/or stay at the Company facilities, except to the extent such illness or injury is the result of Company’s gross negligence or intentional misconduct, and (B) agrees not to initiate any legal proceedings against Company or any Company Parties with respect to such released claims. “Sickness and illness” shall be defined to include any illness, including, without limitation, Bordetella (kennel cough) or any other form of contagious illness.
4. INDEMNIFICATION; LIABILITY. AS CONSIDERATION FOR THE SERVICES RENDERED BY COMPANY, PET PARENT WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD COMPANY AND COMPANY PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND VETERINARY COSTS AND EXPENSES) ARISING FROM OR RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THE REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR COVENANTS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ABANDONMENT OF THE PET AT THE COMPANY FACILITY), OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO ANY AND ALL ACTS OF BEHAVIOR OF THEIR PET(S), WHICH MAY INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY OR DEATH TO A PET OR ANIMAL AT THE FACILITY OR INJURY OR DEATH TO A STAFF MEMBER OF COMPANY OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY PARTY BE HELD LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBLE EXISTENCE.
5. EVALUATION; PARTICIPATION. Company may require an evaluation or assessment of Pet Parent’s pet(s) prior to engaging in dog boarding or joining the dog day care program. Proof of current vaccinations, including rabies, Bordetella, and parvo are required prior to evaluation. Pet Parent understands that if a full evaluation day is requested, payment for this evaluation is due prior to the evaluation and there will be no refunds of this charge regardless of admission decision for Pet Parent’s pet(s). Pet Parent is not permitted to attend this evaluation. After evaluation is complete, Company reserves all rights to refuse to provide pet care services for any reason in their sole and absolute discretion. Further, Pet Parent understands participation in play time is at the sole discretion of the Company, and the pets may be separated from other pets or asked to leave for any reason in Company’s sole discretion.
6. PAYMENT. Pet Parent agrees to pay all fees for boarding, day care services, veterinary services and grooming or other services owed on the day of pick up for any scheduled reservation under this Agreement.
7. VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE. In the event that Pet Parent’s pet should need veterinary services while in the care of the Company, Pet Parent request that the following conditions be adhered to (provide initials):
______ Save my pet regardless of the cost of any necessary treatment, medication, or surgical procedures.
______ Use any and all reasonable and customary treatments, medications, or surgical procedures necessary to treat my pet,
not to exceed $__________________.
______ Do NOT treat my pet by a veterinarian under any circumstances, even in a life- threatening situation.
If a pet passes away at the Company’s facility, it will be brought to its or the nearest veterinarian. PET PARENT AGREES THAT PET PARENT IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF ANY SUCH MEDICAL TREATMENT, AND FOR THE COST OF ANY TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUCH TREATMENT PROVIDED TO THE PET.
8. PERSONAL PROPERTY. Pet Parent agrees that no Company Party shall be responsible or liable for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property belonging either to Pet Parent or the pet. Pet Parent also understands and agrees that the pet’s collar may be removed in the play area to prevent injury to any dog.
9. PHOTOS AND VIDEO RELEASE. Pet Parent agrees to allow Company to use his or her pet’s name and any images or likeness of his or her pet taken while the pet is at the Company facility, in any form or format, for use, at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials.
10. OTHER DOCUMENTATION. The terms of this Agreement will govern any reservation form, pet information sheet, instructions from Pet Parent or other document relating to services to be provided by Company.
11. GOVERNING LAW; VENUE. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Company and Pet Parent agree that all actions or proceedings arising directly, indirectly or otherwise in connection with, out of, or related to or from this Agreement shall be litigated only in courts located in Okaloosa County, Florida, and each of them hereby consents and submits to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of any local, state or federal court located within said county and state and waives any claim that any of said courts constitute an inconvenient forum.
12. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable, such provision will be deemed severed and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Company will be deemed to have accepted this Agreement, without execution, upon the acceptance of a reservation or payment for services to be provided hereunder or the commencement of the services.
13. ABANDONED PETS. Pet Parent understands and agrees that if his or her pet is not picked up within seven (7) calendar days after the scheduled pick up date, the pet shall be deemed to be abandoned and additional boarding charges shall apply, and in such event, Company shall gain legal custody and ownership of the pet and retain the right to keep the pet, or place the pet in a shelter or with animal control, or place the pet in a new home with a new owner, with no recourse by Pet Parent against Company or any Company Party. PET PARENT FULLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT IF PET PARENT ABANDONS HIS OR HER PET AT THE COMPANY FACILITY, PET PARENT MAY BE UNABLE TO RETRIEVE POSSESSION OF HIS OR HER PET AND WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE AGAINST ANY COMPANY PARTY.
PET PARENT HAS READ AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE RELEASES, WAIVERS OF LIABILITY, ACCEPTANCE OF RISK AND INDEMNITY PROVISIONS AND UNDERSTANDS THAT PET PARENT HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAS SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE AND INTENDS IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. PET PARENT AGREES THAT IT IS INTENDED THAT ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CONTROL DESPITE ANY PARTICULAR STATUTE OR LAW THAT WOULD OTHERWISE PROTECT PET PARENT OR HIS OR HER DOG(S).
PET PARENT IS ADVISED TO SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL IF PET PARENT IS UNSURE OF THE EFFECTS OF THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT.
Mercys Canine Cough + Dog Flu Liability Waiver
Bordetella, better known as Canine Cough; and Dog Flu, better known as Canine Influenza, are airborne upper respiratory infections similar to the common cold and flus in humans.
While there is currently no way to completely protect you doggy from canine cough or canine influenza due to its airborne qualities, the staff at Mercy’s Play + Stay makes every effort to protect the health of your doggy. Mercy’s Play + Stay has a strict sanitization policy that includes the daily disinfecting of our equipment, floors, K9 Grass, walls, fencing, furniture and toys with non-toxic disinfectants and sanitizers. Mercy’s Play + Stay staff cleans, rinses and sanitizes all of our stainless-steel water and food bowls in a high heat water. After each use, our staff wash and dry all blankets, towels, bedding and bed pads in our washer and dryer. Put simply, every inch of Mercy’s Play + Stay is sanitized, 365 days a year. We utilize a medical grade Air Purification system to kill bacteria, mold and virus; reduce odors and VOCs and improve the air quality throughout our building. This system proactively sends ionized aggressive advanced oxidizers into our space to destroy the pollutants at the source, in the air and on surfaces.
Part of our responsibility to our clients is the safety of their doggies. Mercy’s goes above and beyond industry standards to ensure our guests leave as happy as we are to care for them. With our safeguards in place and all doggies being vaccinated with required Bordetella vaccination Mercy’s Play + Stay will not be held responsible.
Mercys General Policy
Mercy’s Play + Stay is committed to providing a safe, fun and stimulating social environment for your doggy. At doggy daycare, your doggy will enjoy supervised playtime with other tail wagging doggy’s and our smiling staff.
Attached, you will find information and forms to enroll your doggy for our services. There is a one-time Warm-Up fee which includes a temperament test, one on one time, introduction to our house doggies, and integration into a play group. This process takes a couple of hours and helps to ensure we’re a good fit.
To enroll, set up a “Warm-Up” and bring these forms and proof of vaccination for: Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella. We also recommend Lepto and Influenza, however they are not currently a requirement.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at us at (850) 217-1455. We’re open M-F 7AM to 7PM and Sat & Sun 7AM to 4PM.
What You Need to Know
Mercy’s Play + Stay is a Doggy Daycare Resort with Off-leash Group Daycare, Cage-Free Boarding, Kennel Boarding and Grooming. We are a Premium Member of the International Boarding and Pet Services Association (IBPSA), an organization that sets quality standards and provides training and guidelines for doggy daycares and boarding facilities.
We adhere to the highest standards of sanitation.
We have a low dog-to-staff ratio making it possible for us to quickly clean up messes and sanitize our surfaces. Our facility is climate controlled, is equipped with a Guardian QR+ Air Purification System with an ultraviolet purification zone that destroys bacteria, viruses, fungi, allergens and molds. We utilize K9 Grass® with AlphaSan® antimicrobial technology to create a cleaner, safer, better-smelling environment. Our sanitization standards follow the IBPSA ensuring that our facility remains clean and safe, and that our furry friends go home healthy and smelling fresh.
We maintain a low doggy-to-staff ratio so that we provide safe and fun off-leash play.
With standards in place to ensure the highest quality of service it means our employees – from the front desk staff to pack leaders are required to be Red Cross Pet First Aid and CPR Certified and have successfully completed the Pet Care Education training supplied by the International Boarding and Pet Care Association.
We are persistent in keeping doggies safe, happy, and healthy.
All doggies must be current on their Rabies, Bordetella, and Distemper vaccinations, flea and tick free, and must provide a clean fecal test annually. If your doggy participates in off-leash play or cage-free boarding they must be spayed or neutered if over 10 months. We will work with you to stay on top of this and to avoid any interruptions.
Prior to off-leash play, Mercy’s doggies must complete a “Warm-Up”. The required enrollment packet will be collected prior to or at the Warm-Up and used for the informal interview. The interview allows us to get to know you and your doggy and develop a personality profile to ensure they are a good fit for Mercy’s and vice versa. We’ll go through the usual information andyou can share your doggy’s likes or dislikes, how they like to have fun, and what makes their tail wag. The interview takes anywhere from half an hour to an hour and ensures everyone is feeling good about moving toward off-leash daycare and boarding. Once the interview is complete your doggy will begin their “Warm-Up”.
We conduct a “Warm-Up” for each doggy prior to attending daycare or boarding with us to ensure we are a good fit for one another. It starts with a doggy parent interview, then a temperament evaluation, one -on-one meet and greets with house doggies and integration into off-leash group evaluations. This process takes approximately 2 hours and there is a small, one-time fee.
Daycare + Cage-Free Requirements
• Must pass the interview
• Must be healthy
• On flea/tick prevention
• Socialized with other dogs
• Not an excessive barker
• Doggies `are separated by size and temperament
• Feed your doggy at least 60-90 minutes prior to arrival for daycare (to prevent bloat)
If a client does not use an entire package payment because they move out of the area, decide to give up their doggy, or is asked to withdraw doggy from daycare, our policy is to refund the balance based on actual usage. For instance, if a client purchased a 20-day pass and only used 10 days, a total equal to the 10-day rate (the difference off a 20-day pass) would be refunded.
Mercy’s hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Clients who do not pick up doggies by closing will be up-charged a late fee equal to a sleepover rate and will be placed into the sleepover area for the evening. The client is responsible for any excess charges incurred as a result of his or her late arrival.
Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged full fees. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break and School Vacation Week sleepovers require a 50% deposit with your reservation and is non-refundable.
• For daycare are NOT required
• For sleepovers ARE required
• Thanksgiving, Christmas and School Vacation Week sleepovers require a 50% deposit with your reservation and is non-refundable.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS POLICIES
We require that all our doggies stay up to date with Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella vaccines. Additionally, they must complete a fecal exam each year, which must be done by your local vet. The results of your doggy’s fecal exam must be negative for all ova and parasites. If your doggy isn’t current with all vaccines and fecal exam requirements, they will not be permitted to participate in daycare or sleepovers until the records are brought up to date.
Occasionally, if we find that your doggy’s fecal matter or bowel movements seem abnormal or concerning, we may require that it be tested outside of the yearly protocol. This is to ensure their continued health and wellbeing, and that they haven’t been exposed to anything that may cause illness. If, at any time, you find that your doggy’s fecal exam does not come back clean, it is our policy that you inform us, even if we have not requested that you have the exam done. This requirement helps us maintain the safety and well-being of all the doggies in our care.
We rely on you to both keep your doggy up to date with these requirements and provide us with updated documentation once you’ve seen your vet. Most vets are happy to send your doggy’s updated records directly to us - just ask them at the end of your visit. If you have switched vets since your doggy’s initial enrollment with Mercy’s, please keep us up to date with that information.
If you have questions about what may be due for an update, please give us a call at (850) 217-1455 or speak with your veterinarian.
We are happy to administer most common medications to your doggy when they’re in our care. We follow a protocol each time you visit with your doggy and ensure we’re administering medication correctly and replicating your doggy’s at-home routine as closely as possible. It is important for you to provide us with:
• The name and dosage of the medication
• The reason it’s being administered
• How often it’s administered
• How your doggy prefers to take the medication
We appreciate you providing us with this information each time you visit. It helps us ensure we’re providing the best care for your doggy.
We do our best to keep your doggy healthy while they’re in our care. Unfortunately, much like children in a school environment, any time doggies are around other doggies, there’s always a risk of exposure to illness. We rely on your partnership to minimize this exposure at Mercy’s. If you see signs of any of the following symptoms, please keep your pup isolated from other doggies, and give us a call.
• Elevated Temperature
• Discharge from eyes or nose
• New or unusual growths anywhere, but especially in or around the mouth
• Red eyes
While many of these things could be the result of something completely innocuous, they could also be symptoms of a contagious illness. If you observe any of these symptoms in your doggy, please do not bring them to daycare without first calling to consult with us. We’ll be happy to talk through what you’re seeing and determine whether we will be able to have your doggy join us in daycare.
If we observe any of these symptoms while your doggy is in our care, our first step will be to isolate your doggy from group. We will then call you and, depending on the situation, ask you to pick up your doggy, contact your emergency contact to do so on your behalf, or seek the advice of your veterinarian. If we observe any of these symptoms in our lobby at drop off, we will send your doggy home with you.
In addition to our stringent cleaning protocols and vaccination policies, we rely on strong and communicative partnerships with our doggy parents to keep all the doggies in our care healthy and safe. If you’re in doubt about whether your doggy should join us in group, call us an we’ll be happy to help.
Doggies are both adventurous and autonomous, which sometimes leads to them injuring themselves. If your doggy has an injury or has had a recent medical procedure and you’re unsure if they should be in playgroup, please consult your veterinarian. They should be able to provide guidance about whether your doggy’s activity should be restricted, and if the group environment is appropriate. If, after speaking to your vet, you’re still unsure, give us a call. Depending on the severity of the injury and the amount of restrictions your vet has put in place, we may be able to accommodate your pup so they’re still well cared for when you can’t be with them.
If your doggy is injured, our first step will be to isolate your doggy from group and evaluate the nature of the injury. From there, we will attempt to contact you to discuss next steps. If we determine that the injury is an emergency, we will seek immediate care from either your local vet or an emergency vet, depending on the situation, and get in touch with you as soon as we can.
We know your doggies are your family, and our goal is to provide them with care that is second best only to the care they receive when they’re with you. We appreciate your cooperation and partnership in helping us achieve this goal.
Mercys Hurricane Policy
Boarding During Hurricane Season, typically June 1 – December 18
It is the policy of Mercy’s Play + Stay to strongly recommend that doggy parents take their doggies with them when an impending dangerous storm is anticipated to hit the Fort Walton Beach area. If your doggy is participating in daycare or sleeping overnight when a dangerous storm approaches, we will make every effort to contact you and strongly recommend the option of picking up your doggy or releasing them to another family member or designated emergency contact. If we cannot contact you, or arrangements cannot be made to have your doggy picked up, Mercy’s Play + Stay will take all possible precautions to care for your pet while it is in our care. If we are UNABLE to get to the facility during the storm, the guests remaining in our facility will be alone until someone can get to them. We ask that you realize the potential risk; roof blowing off, flooding, and hot temperatures post storm. Due to the unpredictability of these types of storms, we cannot guarantee the safety of your doggy during the storm, nor can we be certain as to when we will be able to gain access to the facility once the storm passes. If a storm mandatory evacuation is ordered, Mercy’s Play + Stay staff must evacuate. If your doggy is sleeping over during Hurricane Season and we are required to evacuate due to a Hurricane, we will need a local alternate (emergency) contact person that will be able to pick up your doggy if you cannot. By signing this waiver, you give us authorization to transport/board your pet at an alternate boarding facility if possible, in case of an evacuation for a Hurricane. Any fees for transporting/boarding your doggy to another facility will be at your expense.
I have read the above information and understand that during the Hurricane Season in Florida (June 1 through December 1), I may be leaving my pet at my own risk in the case of unpredictable dangerous weather conditions that may occur during this time.
Pet grooming software, kennel software, dog daycare software, and pet nail service software powered by Pawfinity®