New Client Application
All fields are required unless specifically marked *Optional
Online account access is available to book appointments as well as view and edit your profile information. This access is free for all pet owners.
Add Additional Pets
BoardingDaycare Liability Waiver
This pet boarding and or dog daycare agreement is made and entered into as of the last date set forth below, by and between Buddies Boarding and Pet Sitting, a North Carolina company (the "Company") and the undersigned Pet Parent set forth below ("Pet Parent").
1. Services; Engagement. Company provides dog boarding, dog daycare and grooming services. Pet Parent hereby engages Company to provide the services for his or her pet(s) as set forth on the information sheet provided by the Pet Parent) on the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement and in any supplemental pet information or reservation forms provided in connection with this agreement by company.
2. Pet Parent representations; duty to disclose. Pet Parent represents and warrants to Company that:
a. Pet Parent is the rightful owner or caretaker of the pet, and his or her signature below is sufficient to enter into this agreement for and on behalf of any other owner or representative of the pet, and Pet Parent is executing this Agreement for the pet, himself or herself and his or her heirs, successors, representatives, or assigns;b. The pet is current on all required vaccinations and such other vaccinations as is required by the Company. Pet Parent agrees to provide documents confirming such vaccinations as requested by Company, and shall provide proof of vaccinations for rabies and parvovirus prior to any entry at the Company facilities or evaluation made by Company;
c. Unless otherwise disclosed to Company, the pet is housebroken and the pet is not prone to chewing, scratching, digging, or other destructive behavior;
d. The pet is free of fleas, ticks, worms, and other insects or parasites;
e. The pet has no current illness or injury, except as has been disclosed to the Company;
f. The pet has not bitten, or exhibited other aggressive behavior, towards any person or animal, except as has been previously disclosed to Company; and
g. Pet Parent has disclosed and shall continue to disclose on an on going basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including but not limited to personality concerns or behaviors that may affect, limit or prevent the pet's ability to participate in play time or otherwise attend the company's facilities.
3. Acceptance of Risk of Communal Dog Play Time: Unless Pet Parent has otherwise instructed to the contrary, Pet Parent acknowledges and agrees that his or her pet may encounter and be permitted to interact and play with other dogs and with company staff members. Pet Parent acknowledges that when dogs play in groups that nicks, bites, or scratches may occur, and Company may or may not notify Pet Parent immediately if the pet sustains any nicks, bites, or scratches. Pet Parent further acknowledges that animals are unpredictable and that there is a possibility of injury or death to the pet or to another animal or person. Therefore, as consideration of the services rendered by Company, Pet Parent (A) hereby waives and releases Company, and its invitees, sponsors, members, managers, advertisers, owners, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, lessors, and any parties owning, controlling, or having any interest in the property where the Company facility is located, and all other representatives or agents of Company (collectively, "Company Parties") from any and all claims, actions, damages, or liability for injury, sickness, or illness suffered by his or her pet while in the care of Company or otherwise relating to the care, control, health, and or safety of the pet arising from pick up, transport, drop off, and or stay at the Company Facilities, except to the extent such illness or injury is the result of the Company's gross negligence or intentional misconduct, and (B) agrees not to initiate any legal proceedings against Company or any Company Parties with respect to such released claims. "Sickness and illness" shall be defined to include any illness, including, without limitation, kennel cough, or any other form of contagious illness.
4. INDEMNIFICATION; Liability. AS CONSIDERATION FOR THE SERVICES RENDERED BY COMPANY, PET PARENT WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD COMPANY AND COMPANY PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES AND VETERINARY COSTS AND EXPENSES) ARISING FROM OR RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THE REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR COVENANTS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ABANDONMENT OF THE PET AT THE COMPANY FACILITY), OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO ANY AND ALL ACTS OF BEHAVIOR OF THEIR PET(S), WHICH MAY INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY OR DEATH TO A PET OR ANIMAL AT THE FACILITY OR INJURY OR DEATH TO A MEMBER OF COMPANY OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY PARTY BE HELD LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBLE EXISTENCE.
5. PAYMENT. Pet Parent agrees to pay all fees for boarding, day care services, veterinary services, and grooming or other services owed on the day of pick up for any scheduled reservation under this agreement.
6. VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE. In the event that Pet Parent's pet should need veterinary services while in the care of the Company, The Company will take pet(s) to the veterinarian of the pet if the veterinarian's office is open. If the preferred veterinarian's office is not open, The Company will take the pet(s) to their preferred Veterinary Partner, Animed of Bellfork. If Animed of Bellfork is not open The Company will take the pet(s) to any open veterinary office. The Pet Parent is responsible for the veterinary bill in its entirety. The Veterinarian bill must be paid at time of check out.
If a pet passes away at the Company's facility, it will be brought to its or the nearest veterinarian. PET PARENT AGREES THAT PET PARENT IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF ANY SUCH MEDICAL TREATMENT, AND FOR THE COST OF ANY TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUCH TREATMENT PROVIDED TO THE PET.
7. PERSONAL PROPERTY. Pet parent agrees that no Company Party shall be responsible or liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal property belonging either to Pet Parent or the pet. Pet Parent also understands and agrees that the pet's collar may be removed in the play area to prevent injury to any dog.
8. PHOTOS AND VIDEO RELEASE. Pet parent agrees to allow Company to use his or her pet's name and any images or likeness of his or her pet taken while the pet is at the Company facility, in any form or format, for use, at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade, or promotional materials.
9. OTHER DOCUMENTATION. The Terms of this agreement will govern any reservation form, pet information sheet, instructions from Pet Parent or other document relating to services to be provided by Company.
10. GOVERNING LAW, VENUE. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Company and Pet Parent agree that all actions or proceedings arising directly, indirectly or otherwise in connection with, out of, or related to or from this agreement shall be litigated only in courts located in Onslow County, North Carolina, and each of them hereby consents and submits to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of any local, state, or federal court located within said county and state and waives any claim that any of said courts constitute an inconvenient forum.
11. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable, such provision will be deemed severed and the remaining provisions of this agreement will continue in full force and effect. Company will be deemed to have accepted this agreement, without execution, upon the acceptance of a reservation or payment for services to be provided hereunder or the commencement of the services.
12. ABANDONED PETS. Pet Parent understands and agrees that if his or her pet is not picked up within seven calendar days after the scheduled pickup date, the pet shall be deemed to be abandoned and additional boarding charges shall apply, and in such event, Company shall gain legal custody and ownership of the pet and retain the right to keep the pet, or place the pet in a shelter or with animal control, or place the pet in a new home with a new owner, with no recourse by Pet Parent against Company or any Company Party. PET PARENT FULLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT IF PET PARENT ABANDONS HIS OR HER PET AT THE COMPANY FACILITY, PET PARENT MAY BE UNABLE TO RETRIEVE POSSESSIONS OF HIS OR HER PET AND WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE AGAINST ANY COMPANY PARTY.
PET PARENT HAS READ AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE RELEASES, WAIVERS OF LIABILITY, ACCEPTANCE OF RISK AND INDEMNITY PROVISIONS AND UNDERSTANDS THAT PET PARENT HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAS SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE AND INTENDS IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. PET PARENT AGREES THAT IT IS INTENDED THAT ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CONTROL DESPITE ANY PARTICULAR STATUTE OR LAW THAT WOULD OTHERWISE PROTECT PET PARENT OR HIS OR HER DOG(S).
PET PARENT IS ADVISED TO SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL, IF PET PARENT IS UNSURE OF THE EFFECTS OF THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT.
General Liability Waiver
Buddies, Inc. employs extensive safety and sanitary precautions to ensure your pets safety and health. Despite reasonable and prudent efforts, some pets may experience common side effects of the grooming process, including but not limited to: clipper burn, exposure of the quick, reactions to flea treatments and de-shedding dip treatments, hair splinters, and sharp nails (after clipping). By signing this agreement, you (the client) agree to relieve Buddies, Inc., and it's agents from any and all liabilities, and/or costs associated with any veterinary care, symptoms or discomfort of your pet related to or presenting after services rendered by Buddies, Inc.. The pursuit of any veterinary, behavioral, or rehabilitational services, and the payment there of, is the sole responsibility of the pet owner. Additionally, you agree to relieve Buddies, Inc. and its agents from any and all liability associated with damages to person, pet, or property by or relating to services rendered or service equipment used by Buddies, Inc. and it's agents.
Grooming Liability Waiver
Buddies makes your pets comfort, safety and well being our #1 priority. With gentle and careful
grooming, we look forward to making your pet experience a favorable one. We use gentle grooming
products that contain no harsh chemicals. If your pet has allergies, special conditions or requires a special
grooming product please discuss this with our groomer. Although every effort will be made to ensure
your pet is groomed as safely as possible, working with pets can be unpredictable and the occasional
accident may occur. We cannot be held responsible for stressful effects that grooming may have upon
your pet. As the pet owner, please carefully review and acknowledge our grooming policies thoroughly.
Grooming services include bathing, blow drying, clipping, brushing, ear cleaning and nail trimming.
Maintenance haircuts are provided for certain appropriate breeds.
Matted coats and excessive undercoats can cause a variety of health problems for your pet.
Matted fur does not allow for air circulation to the skin causing hot spots or bacterial/fungal infections.
Fleas, ticks and other parasites may be lurking in the coat causing further skin issues. Matted fur also
pulls and binds, causing pain to your pet when they move or lay on their matts. The skin underneath can
be raw and inflamed. Severely matted coats will require special attention. Your groomer will be happy to
show you how to care for your pet’s coat in the future however we cannot brush out a coat that is severely
matted due to the stress and pain it will cause your pet.
Buddies will not be held liable for any after grooming effects of shave downs, dematting,
clipping procedures or problems uncovered on a badly matted or otherwise neglected coat including, but
not limited to: itchiness, hematoma, skin redness or self-inflicted irritations abrasions from excessive
I understand that time and costs associated with shaved downs or dematting are unpredictable
and subject to the particular condition of my pet. Consequently, I agree to pay whatever fees are incurred
as a result of dematting or shave downs. Whether a pet is ‘matted’ is at the sole determination of the
Shave Down Authorization: This authorization is given in the event that after a thorough evaluation of
your pet's coat, the Groomer determines that a shave down is the best recourse for grooming your pet.
This decision is made based on the stress and discomfort it would cause your pet if we were to attempt to
brush or groom their coat. Please choose the level of authorization for this pet by selecting one of the
options listed below. Your selection acknowledges that you are aware of the risk and release Buddies
from any responsibility for trauma to your pet as a result of the shave down.
BEHAVIOR: I acknowledge that my pet will be kenneled and that he/she is properly
crate trained. If service is discontinued due to aggression, excessive barking, behavioral or kenneling
issues, I will be contacted for the immediate pickup of my pet. If I do not pick up my pet in a timely
manner, I could be charged a late pick-up fee. My pet has never biten any human or another pet and has
no aggression tendencies. I understand and agree that I will be held solely liable for any harm, personal
injury, or property damage caused by my pet. We reserve the rights to refuse to groom any pet for the
health and safety of the groomer or the pet. If the groomer determines that a pet presents an unsafe
condition to itself, any staff member or another client, services may be discontinued. Such conditions
include but are not limited to aggression behavioral issues health problems or parasites. Buddies has a
zero-tolerance policy for any aggression to humans or other animals.
FLEA: I acknowledge that if any fleas are found on my pet that a flea and tick package
will automatically be performed an added to the total cost of my grooming package.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL: The Grooming process can be especially stressful for a
senior pet or those with health problems and can expose hidden medical issues or aggravate a current one
during or after the groom these Special Needs pets may only be groomed for cleanliness and comfortable
styles that will not add to their stress.
VETERINARY TREATMENT: This contract gives buddies permission to obtain an
immediate veterinarian treatment for your pet should it be deemed necessary by our grooming staff we
will attempt to contact you first then take your pet to either you're authorized veterinarian within a 5-mile
radius or two are preferred veterinarian all expenses for Veterinary Care will be sole responsibility of the
CONTAINMENT: All dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier at all times.
. PICK-UP: I agree to pick up my pet within 2 hours of receiving a call, text message or
voicemail and will notify Buddies immediately of any delays. If I do not pick up with-in this time period I
will be charged a $10 late pick up fee. This applies to dogs who do not have pre-arranged agreements for
daycare or boarding. Delays can cause stress which could manifest in the soiling of kennel and fur, in
which case I would still be responsible for the full grooming service charge.
APPOINTMENTS: Buddies recognizes that both client and groomer’s time are
valuable and will make every effort to work with you regarding scheduling conflict or issues. We
understand that emergency situations may arise in regards of rebooking or cancellations. Cancellations or
rebooking made at least the day before your scheduled appointment will incur no reschedule fee. Any
schedule change less than a day notice and no shows could be charged $20 that will be added to your next
visit. Pre-payment may be required to secure a reservation for all future appointments once a no-show
charge has occurred. Clients that arrived in excess of 15 minutes late risk losing their appointment without
notice and will pay a late drop-off fee of $10 if the appointment still takes place. If we are closed and you
need to reschedule or cancel please leave a voice message.
Hold Harmless Agreement: By signing this contract, you agree to hold Buddies, its owners and
employees harmless from any damage, loss or claim arising from any known or unknown condition of
any pet left under the custody of buddies. This agreement is being voluntarily and intentionally signed and
agreed to. I have carefully read, clearly understand and accept the terms and conditions stated here. I
acknowledge that this agreement shall be effective and binding upon myself, my heirs and all members
of my family.
Pet grooming software, kennel software, dog daycare software, pet sitting software, and dog walking software powered by Pawfinity®