Bay City Grooming By Brea
New Client Application
All fields are required unless specifically marked *Optional
Online account access is available to book appointments as well as view and edit your profile information. This access is free for all pet owners.
Add Additional Pets
Customer Information Form
Bay City Grooming Release Form
I do hereby entrust my pet(s) to Bay City Grooming for the purpose of grooming my pet(s). I understand the policy guidelines as follows:
1. Regular Grooming Recommended!
Neglect of the pets coat can be cause for problems after grooming such as clipper rash, or brush irritation. Bay City Grooming is not responsible for any reactions the pet(s) may have if not exposed to regular grooming.
2. Look Great Guarantee!
Bay City Grooming makes their best effort to interpret the grooming instructions given. All grooming is guaranteed for 72 hours, where anything that is brought to our attention, within reason, will be fixed free of charge. After 72 hours, any work done will be charged an additional groom price.
3. Cancellation Notice
• Because we work by appointment we appreciate notice of cancellation before 48 hours prior to your appointment, to enable us to fill your appointment time.
• I understand emergencies happen and while last minute cancellations are a part of life, we expect them to be uncommon. If you have a habit of forgetting appointments, no worries, we have text and email reminders set up for you!
• For clients with a history of missing appointments we may require a deposit for future appointments to cover our loss of time.
4. Double Coated Shave Down
• Depending on how close the coat is clipped, your dog might require sunscreen to protect the dog’s skin from being burned.
• Shaving may cause irritation and/or rash. It may also cause alopecia or uneven hair growth when the coat grows back out.
• Clipping down a double coated dog can look uneven or choppy depending on your dog’s coat type and the length requested. We will do the best we can to make the haircut look the best possible!
• Pre-existing problems may appear that are not a result of the shave-down.
5. No Call/ No Shows and Last Minute Cancellations
• We make every effort to ensure you know what time and date your appointment is at, including confirming at the time of booking, text and email reminders at the time of booking as well as before your appointment date.
• We do require a minimum of 72 hours-notice to cancel an appointment, however more time would be appreciated. There will be a fee for appointments that are not cancelled with enough time to allow for us to rebook an appointment in that time slot, as this directly impacts our groomer.
• Appointment for stand- alone services, such as nail trims and ear cleaning, will be charged the price of the service as a NC/NS fee.
• Appointment for grooming will be charged half of the base price for grooming as a NC/NS fee. For Example, if the base price for a groom is $70, the NC/NS fee will be $35.
• Late fees will also apply if you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment. If there is still time to complete the groom, there will be a $15 minute late fee added to the account, otherwise, a NC/NS fee will apply.
6. Appointment scheduling
• Appointments are scheduled on the hour, please allow for 3-4 hours for most appointments. If you have a deadline to make, please notify us of this at drop-off so we can do our best to accommodate you.
• If you need to schedule full day, let us know so that we can set aside space for your pet to stay comfortable in before and after their grooming and allow for potty breaks. There will be an additional Day Care charge for this as it does take up more time and service to care for your pup.
7. Potty Policy
• Please make your best effort to potty your pets before they come to their appointment. There are areas in the parking lot as well as the front long that are suitable to potty your dog. If your dog has an accident, please ask for supplies to clean it at the front counter.
• If your pet has an accident while waiting for pickup after being groomed, there may be an additional charge to clean them again as it can require a full bath or partial bath to clean up the legs/belly/feet/tail/etc.
8. Leash policy
• For the safety and comfort of the clients of neighboring businesses, our own clients and myself, please have your pet on a leash or in a carrier when entering or exiting the building. If you forget your leash, please pop in and ask for a loaner. The parking lot can get busy and we would be devastated if something happened to your pet.
9. Vaccination policy
• It is our policy that all pets must be up to date on their vaccinations, at minimum the rabies vaccination. We also recommended your pets be up to date on all other vaccinations. If your animal has had a negative reaction to any vaccinations or if your veterinarian has determined your pet should not receive any vaccinations, we are still happy to groom your pet with confirmation from your veterinarian.
10. Aggressive dogs
• While we accept all dog breeds, if your dog is known to have aggression issues please let us know ahead of time so we can schedule a convenient time for both of us, as well as make appropriate accommodations for your pet. We will do our best to groom your pet within their level of comfort and with what will be safe.
• Payment is due at the time of services, and we accept credit or debit cards, cash and e-transfer for payment.
12. Social Media Release
• This allows us to take photos/ videos of your pets experience with us, documenting their progress through their spa day!
We reserve the right to photograph/video your pet for use in promotional material as well as portfolio photos for social media. You can choose to opt out below.
Opt Out Signature: ______________________________________
13. Contact with your Groomer
• We recommended having a cellphone available where your groomer can give you updates should any irregularities occur, such as things taking longer, your pet being more anxious than usual, being done early, etc., as well as when your pet is ready for pickup.
• With the current pandemic going on, we are only allowing one pet family into the entrance at a time, so allowing our groomer to text you when the area is clear would be the most convenient method of contact.
14. General Release Form
• Your pet is important to us! Because we care, we want to assure you that every effort will be taken to make your pet’s visit as pleasant as possible. Occasionally, grooming can expose a hidden medical problem or aggravate a current one, which can occur during or after grooming. In the best interest of your pet, we request permission to obtain immediate emergency veterinary treatment, at your expense, should it become necessary.
15. Cage Dryer Release
• The use of a cage dryer is safer and more comfortable for some dogs. For some dogs, we may recommend the use of a cage dryer, where your dog will be properly monitored and given breaks where needed or warranted. A cage dryer simply circulates room temperature air in a much quieter and less stressful way, as the dogs are able to rest and relax in the dryer with some water in a safe and comfortable environment. Although this method is more comfortable and stress free for many dogs, it can also take longer to get the pet fully dry.
16. Pet Safety Release
• We take every precaution to provide a safe and stress-free grooming experience for your pet. Due to the intimate nature of the grooming process, or a pet’s tolerance level for stress, strangers, or handling, some pets can become anxious or reactive during the grooming service.
If we determine that continuing the grooming service would present a threat to your dog’s emotional or physical health, and/or the safety of the groomer completing the service, we will discontinue today’s service and contact you immediately.
We will take every precaution necessary to complete the service safely and humanely however if it is determined it is unsafe or unhealthy to continue for the pet or groomer, you will be responsible for any services rendered.
17. Matted Pet Release
• Because we care about your pet’s safety and well- being, every effort will be made to make your pet’s visits as pleasant as possible.
• Matts are caused by dead hair weaving into growing hair, forming felted lumps. The top part of the coat can be soft and curly, hiding the matts underneath, which can pull at the skin. Brushing out matts can be very uncomfortable and sometimes painful for the dog.
• When a pet is severely tangled or matted, it is at greater risk of injury, stress and trauma. All precautions will be taken, however, problems occasionally arise, during or after grooming, such as nicks, clipper irritation, and mental or physical stress.
• Pre-existing problems can appear when a pet is matted, such as: air cannot get through to the skin, causing the skin to become irritated, noticeably red, chaffing, as well as hematomas can occur following matt removal.
• Due to this, we practice the act of Humanity over Vanity. If it is determined that your pet is matted to the point where brushing would be painful, uncomfortable, or too lengthy to do on your pet, then we will take the route of shaving the matts out to ensure to comfort and as little stress as possible for your pet.
18. Cat Grooming Release
• Cats are creatures of habit and when exposed to a new environment they can experience elevated levels of stress. In the event that your cat is too stressed to safely continue the groom, all procedures will stop and you will be notified immediately.
19. Additional Charges- Our prices listed are that of maintenance grooms for dogs that are on a strict 4-8 week schedule and come in with well-maintained coat. Additional charges may be added for a variety of reasons:
• Difficult dogs- there may be additional special handling charges for dogs who need additional assistance or care, this starts at $15 and may increase depending on behaviour.
• Dematting- there may be additional charges added for dogs who required additional time for dematting, this starts at $5 and goes up depending on the extent of the matting.
• Filth/mud/grease/feces/urine- dogs who require multiple baths may receive additional fees for additional products needed.
• Late pickup times- please ensure you have updated contact information with us, so that you will be available to pick up your pet when we call to advise you they are ready. For anyone picking up late, or after hours, there will be an additional fee added to the days invoice.
By signing and dating below, you are stating you have read and agreed to the terms and policies listed above
General Liability Waiver
Bay City Grooming by Brea employs extensive safety and sanitary precautions to ensure your pets safety and health. Despite reasonable and prudent efforts, some pets may experience common side effects of the grooming process, including but not limited to: clipper burn, exposure of the quick, reactions to flea treatments and de-shedding dip treatments, hair splinters, and sharp nails (after clipping). By signing this agreement, you (the client) agree to relieve Bay City Grooming by Brea, and it's agents from any and all liabilities, and/or costs associated with any veterinary care, symptoms or discomfort of your pet related to or presenting after services rendered by Bay City Grooming by Brea. The pursuit of any veterinary, behavioral, or rehabilitational services, and the payment there of, is the sole responsibility of the pet owner. Additionally, you agree to relieve Bay City Grooming by Brea and its agents from any and all liability associated with damages to person, pet, or property by or relating to services rendered or service equipment used by Bay City Grooming by Brea and it's agents.
Pet grooming software and pet nail service software powered by Pawfinity®